If you want to immigrate to Canada, it is a long-distance relocation and that’s why it requires more preparation. If moving from the USA or from Europe to Canada, is a big life event. So, what to have in mind when moving to Canada and on what to pay attention to?
What to have in mind when moving to Canada?
Why people move from Europe to Canada what it has to offer? How to move there? The process of getting a visa for Canada and gathering other documents can take a year and also, it is not cheap. But, on the other hand, it is worth it. Pay attention to:
- Getting a visa or work permit.
- After getting it, research flights to Canada from your state.
- Travel insurance.
- Check a passport because it needs to be valid for at least 6 months.
- Have in mind when moving to Canada that you need bank statements as proof of funds.
- Update your CV in Canadian form.
- Find a place to live.
- Get references from your previous employers.
- Start packing early and gather enough moving supplies such as boxes.
Hiring a moving company for moving to Canada
Long-distance relocations require professional help. When moving abroad, you should keep in mind that you will have a lot of things to do before and after moving and that you cannot transport household items by yourself.
A reliable moving company that is specialized in handling any type of relocation in Canada is essential. You will have a less stressful move and you can move your furniture and appliances to CA.
Things to know when moving to Canada
Before you move to Canada, explore is and surf online to find out as much s you can about the Canadian lifestyle.
- The weather may be the biggest issue, especially if you are coming from sunny places. In the southern part of the state, you may experience all 4 seasons, but if you move to the north, be prepared for snow and low temperatures.
- The job market is great and there are many open jobs in Canada. But, until you find a job, bring enough funds for a couple of months.
- Costs of living depend on the city where you will move to. Rent and transportation will be one of the major costs.
- This country has one of the best healthcare in the world, even for ex-pats. If you are moving to Canada with a baby, you don’t have to worry about healthcare, doctors, etc.
You should have in mind when moving to Canada that many people want to live here and it is an immigrant-friendly country. Go to the Canadian embassy in your country and get all the info about moving and getting a visa. Create a budget and a checklist for moving to Canada.