Are you considering moving to Florida from the north? Well, if you are, we have some advice on how to adjust to life in the sunshine state. Many people claim that Florida is a true paradise which never has a shortage of things to do. You will have fun pastimes, the beach, the Micky Mouse and the sun all year round. What more can you ask for? Basically, all those things mentioned earlier are the reasons why so many from the north are moving to Florida in the first place. But, just like any other place on this planet, moving to Florida and living there comes with strings attached. That is, it comes with many pros and cons. So, if you are interested in what life in Florida would look like, keep on reading.
The Pros and Cons of Living in Florida
As previously mentioned, moving to any country comes with different advantages and disadvantages. It is up to you to see whether you can adjust to some of them and call a certain place home. Also, make sure that this is the right place for you before you call moving experts who serve Sunny Isles Beach. With that in mind, here are some pros and cons of moving to Florida and settling there.
The Pros of Moving to Florida:
- If you are a retiree, you will love it here as there are many communities dedicated to retirees. All you need is study the moving guide for seniors and get down to business.
- There is no snow, and the weather is warm throughout the whole year.
- It will be much easier to buy a house or rent an apartment in Florida than anywhere else in the country.
- You will not have to pay state income tax.
- You will be able to enjoy world-class beaches and cristal clear water.
- There are so many local attractions, and you will never be bored.
The Cons of Moving to Florida:
- You must be prepared for hurricanes, as they are rather common in Florida
- Also, be prepared for extreme heat and humidity from time to time.
- You will not be able to enjoy hiking or mountain climbing, because there are no mountains nor hills.
- Bugs here are extremely large.
- Tourists will be everywhere.
- You will have to pay a large sum of money for insurance.
Where to Live in Florida
Choosing a city in Florida can make or break your decision on whether Florida will become your permanent residence or not. But that is all subjective and depends on your wants and needs. Also, it is very important to find out all you need to know before you move to FL. Some people want to move to Florida from the north in order to enjoy some peace and quiet, and of course, nicer weather. Some people move for work, some for schools, and some for some other personal reason. So, without further ado, here are some of the best cities in Florida and their most important characteristics:
- Jacksonville – It is the most populated city in Florida. It is most famous for having metropolitan characteristics and people from all walks of life. If you are coming from the North, this will be the city where you will adjust in no time.
- Tallahassee – It is popular for many great colleges and having that small-town feel. Moreover, the nightlife here is great, because of so many young people settling in here.
- Orlando – If you are moving with a family to Florida, just tell your movers at movingkings.com to take you straight to the Disney World. But, Orlando is great for other reasons too. It is located in Central Florida which makes it a perfect place for taking day trips.
- Clearwater – A city that offers a slower pace and a lot of pieces and quiet. That is why it so popular among retirees. Actually, Clearwater has made moving to Florida after retiring easy.
- Tampa – This is a city most loved by athletes. So if you are one of them, or you just enjoy different kinds of sports, you will have a blast here.
- Fort Lauderdale – Another great city for families. It has great schools and a thriving job market.
Be Prepared for the Extreme Weather Conditions
As previously mentioned, Florida seems like heaven most of the time. And the fact that the weather is nice almost all year round is also true. However, there are some drawbacks. And you have to be prepared for those weather drawbacks if you want to adjust to living in Florida. Believe it or not, but extreme weather conditions are some of the main reasons why people move back to the north. But, do not worry, there is a solution to everything. When it comes to heat and humidity, make sure to always wear a hat and sunglasses. Do not forget to have a sunscreen by your side at all times. Also, when looking for a new home, look for one that has AC. And when it comes to hurricanes, you will have to do some researching and preparing. First, go over the evacuation routes. Then, buy hurricane kits and keep them in several places in the house. Lastly, get insurance!
How to Adjust to Living in Florida
Well, when you finally relocate all your belongings, find a new home, new job, and a new school for your kids, adjusting is the easiest part. It is easy because there are so many people from the north as well, so you will not experience that big of a cultural difference at all. Of course, there are locals everywhere too, but many people say they are really nice and friendly as there are used to tourists and foreigners. If you want to fit in, just follow their lead. And they will lead you to the beach! So, here you will not need all those moving tips for expats. Life here is pretty easy, so do not worry much and start packing your bags.