Whoever moved before will tell you that moving is hard. However, whoever experienced interstate moving will tell you that it is exhausting and time, money and energy consuming. One thing is for sure – you need to be prepared for it. So, do yourself a favor and hire a reliable moving company, like Movers Europe, and let them make your move and life easier. And since moving from London to New York comes with a lot of fuss, many people forget to prepare for a cultural difference. And, believe us, there will be many cultural differences. You will have to change your entire lifestyle, but look at it as a turning a new leaf of life and starting fresh. After all, New York is something special, do not be afraid to start your new life here.
Say Goodbye to London
It goes without saying that London is one of the best and the most beautiful cities in Europe. Living there is almost everybody’s dream. However, living there is not easy. Everybody will tell you that. And there are many reasons for that:
- Cost of living is crazy high – London is one of the most expensive cities in Europe and living here can break the bank. From utilities and groceries to the everyday small stuff, you will have to pay more than anywhere else.
- Property prices – they are at the top of the list when it comes to why are people leaving London. It became almost impossible to buy a house or an apartment here.
- Not enough space – since renting is expensive, most people live in small apartments, thus, there is no room for starting a family and growing.
So, these were just some of the reasons why people leave London. However, many leave because of new jobs, or school or even love. However, one thing is for sure, do not try to cut corners when it comes to interstate moving. When moving from London to New York, look for moving assistance in Carroll Gardens.
Hello New York!
You are probably wondering who moves the most to New York. Well, everybody does! New York is a place where people come to pursue their dreams. When moving to this metropolitan concrete jungle you will be able to expand your horizons. And, what most people do not know, is that they will completely change their pace of life. Since this is a city that never sleeps, be prepared for an active lifestyle. Something is always happening, and most of the time, you will feel like you are on a movie set. However, moving from London to New York will not seem like a big difference since both of them are expensive and metropolitan cities. But what is different, is the culture. Moving from Europe to America may seem like moving to an entirely different planet. Do not be afraid of this. Every change is for the better. And one thing is for sure, you will love the Big Apple, everybody does!
What is New York Actually Like?
New York, New York! Everybody wants to be a part of it. Maybe people are in love with all the American movies seen on television and think that that kind of life is actually possible in this city where dreams come true. However, have you ever thought about what Living in New York is actually like? Here are a few hints:
- Lines are unbearable – Living in New York means waiting in line for everything.
- Construction is a way of life – It is not the prettiest thing to see but it is a symbol of change. And things change here a lot. New buildings grow like crazy.
- There is a homelessness issue – Sadly, it is common to see a lot of homeless people in the city of dreams.
- You do not need a car – All locals will tell you the same – use the subway instead
- Tourists are everywhere – Well, New York is on everybody’s bucket list, what more can we say.
- Bodegas will be your new BFF – Once you become local, you will be familiar with bodegas. It is basically, a small corner grocery store where you can find anything you might need 24/7.
Hire a Moving Company!
As previously mentioned, you will not able to move by yourself. It requires a lot of planning, packing, transferring and a lot of paperwork to handle. New York is huge, and it can be difficult to move, even for the locals. Ask professionals if moving locally in Brooklyn Heights can be done easily? They will tell you – NO! Do not even try to ask whether interstate moving can be done easily. So while you are saying goodbye to your friends and family and of course, London, let the professionals take care of the following:
- Finding the best packing supplies – cardboard boxes, bubble wrap, tape and many more.
- Packing and unpacking your belongings – you need to make sure that everything is packed properly. Your belongings will travel to a whole other continent, so if you want them to arrive safely and without damage, leave it to professionals.
- Transferring – We all know that professional drivers know the roads the best.
- Heavy lifting – No need to spend your last days in London to torture yourself and your friends. Instead, go for a coffee, and let the movers do all the heavy lifting.
- Knowing how to ship goods from Europe to America – moving companies have done this a million times before. They already know the rules and regulations.