Because of movies, the city has created a myth around itself. This myth calls people to it, like mermaids beckoning Odysseus, except there is no trick, no scam, only endless seas of opportunity. So, to help you live out your dream of living in NYC, we are here to give you all the info. Get familiar with the topic of how to rent as a foreign national in New York City. To make yourself more comfortable, learn about things every foreigner needs to know about NYC before the move.
The first tip on how to rent as a foreign national in New York City is to have the proper documentation
To rent an apartment or condo in New York, you need proper documentation. To make it easier for you, here are the things you need to show your potential landlord:
- One of the requirements to be able to rent in NYC is you need toprovide employment verification.
- How to rent as a foreign national in New York City – provide bank statements that show that you have enough money to rent out a condo. To know the exact amount of money you need, talk to the landlord.
- You will need a provide identification. There are two options. The first one is a passport the second one is a visa. (student visa, work visa)
- Finally, you will need to provide salary verification. You need to show that you have a consistent income.
- A credit score is not needed because you are not an American citizen. Also, you are not with any American banks.
When you got that under control, Simplify Valet Storage & Moving will help you move into your new apartment in the Big Apple. All your moving needs will be covered by them.
How to rent as a foreign national in New York City – do not overpay your condo/apartment
When looking for that perfect apartment, make sure to have a sustainable budget. You do not know how long your money will last you and when you will need to leave New York. To avoid any headaches, set a budget that will not leave you bankrupt. When moving in, get moving boxes of different sizes.
Get some assistance from a reputable real estate agent
A reputable real estate agent will be of great help to you as a non-citizen. They know New York better than and they are well-versed in the housing market. They will find you a dream condo in no time. When the real estate agent gets you a place, and you need a temporary solution for your belongings – rent a storage unit from a reliable company. They will keep your stuff safe until you get everything in order.
These are some of our tips on how to rent as a foreign national in New York City. Remember to stay organized during your move, and good luck!