Leaving Europe for the Big Apple is a huge and exciting change in your life, and you should expect some culture shock when you get to NYC. But no matter if you are moving to NYC for a job or a change of pace, you will love it. The problem will be getting to New York City. We are here to help you tackle the biggest challenges of moving to NYC from Europe. Let’s begin!
One of the biggest challenges of moving to NYC from Europe is finding an international moving company
Because Europe is a big place with many different cultures, we will give general advice to help anybody find a decent international moving company. Before you begin looking for a moving company, learn about custom changes for international moving. Now, let’s find out how to find international movers.
- To get over one of the biggest challenges of moving to NYC from Europe is to read moving reviews. Look at the local moving companies that had experience moving people to NYC and start from there. Moving reviews is a fast and reliable way to pick the best moving companies.
- When you complete reading the reviews, move on to the second step – contacting the moving companies. On the phone, tell them about your moving situation and ask them for an estimate.
- The third step is to ask the companies with the best price and best reviews to come to your place and check it out. By coming to your home, they can give a more accurate estimate on the cost of your move to the Big Apple.
- Ask them about insurance because things will break on an international move.
- Finally, hire the moving company that meets your needs.
And when you get to NYC, you can rely on cleancutmoving.com to move you in. Their experts will get you into your place in New York fast and stress-free.
Finding an affordable apartment
Getting an affordable apartment is the second problem Europeans face when moving to New York City. While Europe has expensive cities, NYC is one of the most expensive cities, mainly because of the housing market. Do not expect to rent anywhere under a 1000-dollars. And if you want to buy a place, you will need a million or more as a minimum. But if you find a place in New York, the only thing you will have to deal with is the post-move paperwork.
Biggest challenges of moving to NYC from Europe – the way of life
And finally, one of the biggest challenges of moving to NYC from Europe is the way of life. The most evident change is the pace of living. Life in New York City is faster than almost any European city. Most people come to NYC to join the “hustle” culture. The second change Europeans will experience – the food. While New Yorker has delicious food influenced by many different cultures, it is ruined by a fast lifestyle, and fast food is more popular. But Europeans, on the other hand, like to sit down and enjoy their food.